Recycled Paper Jewelry by Devi Chand

// //
I recently fell in love with this wonderful country (INDIA). With a strong identity and fighting  people, so I wanto to propose this article:

"Continuing my focus on eco-fashion, here is some work by Devi Chand, an artisan from Chennai, India who makes jewelry out of recycled paper. Chand, a graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology in India, has always loved to create things out of cast-off items, especially recycled paper. Chand's love of vibrant colors, many of which can be found throughout Indian culture, is reflected in her work.







The bangles (above) are made out of recycled glossy newspaper strips wrapped on thick cardboard rings. The coat of varnish (sealer) Chand applies makes them water resistant.

Chand is passionate about 'used' materials being the basis of her work. She says on her Etsy site, "I am always thinking of new and creative ways to reuse things that someone else might call trash. I hate to throw away things; I stack them up. My grandma used to tell me that anything that is preserved and unused will find a use in twelve years. This has really worked for me!"
The beads in the pink earrings (above) are made from paper bags that Chand collected at a wedding. Inspiration can be found anywhere - Chand shows that you just have to be open to it.

Not only are these colorful pieces eco-friendly, but they're filled with life and energy. You can see more at Chand's Etsy shop."

Article source: Wearable Art Blog